Some habits are essential in order to care for your skin and have a radiant complexion all year long, whatever your skin type. In order to take care of and respect your skin, first and foremost make sure to choose products specially designed for your skin type. Dry skin does not have the same needs as oily skin. Some parts of your face (eye contour, lips, etc.) have particularly fine, fragile skin. They need specific care, especially the eye contour and the lips. To avoid the risk of allergies linked to the use of products that are not suited to your skin, choose hypoallergenic make-up specially formulated to meet the needs of all skin and eye types, even sensitive skin. These areas of your face are more sensitive and deserve special attention.
Taking care of sensitive skin begins with make-up removal. In order not to stress your skin and to respect its natural balance, make sure to use a pH-neutral make-up remover, specially formulated to cleanse your epidermis gently.
Good skin care -including sun protection and gentle cleansing can keep your skin healthy and be glowing for years to come.
Don’t have time for intensive skin care? You can still pamper yourself by acing the basics. Good skin care and healthy lifestyle choices can help delay the natural aging process and prevent various skin problems. Get started with these five no-nonsense tips.
Protect yourself from direct sunlight.
One of the most important ways to take care of your skin is to protect it from direct sunlight. A lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots, and other skin problems – as well as increase the risk of skin cancer.
For a complete sun protection:
- Seek shade.Avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., when the sun’s rays are strongest.
- Wear protective clothing.Cover your skin with tightly woven long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and wide-brimmed hats. Also consider laundry additives, which give clothing an additional layer of ultraviolet protection for a certain number of washings, or special sun-protective clothing – which is specifically designed to block ultraviolet rays.
Do not smoke.
Smoking makes your skin look older and contributes to wrinkles. Smoking narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of skin, which decreases blood flow. This depletes the skin of oxygen and nutrients that are important to skin health.
Smoking also damages collagen and elastin -the fibers that give your skin strength and elasticity. In addition, the repetitive facial expressions you make when smoking – such as pursing your lips when inhaling and squinting your eyes to keep out smoke — can contribute to wrinkles.
If you smoke, the best way to protect your skin is to quit. Ask your doctor for tips or treatments to help you stop smoking.
Treat your skin gently
Daily cleansing and shaving of hairs can take a toll on your skin. To keep it gentle and soft all day:
- Limit your bath time.Hot water and long showers or baths remove oils from your skin. Limit your bath or shower time, and use warm — rather than hot — water.
- Avoid strong soaps.Strong soaps and detergents can strip oil from your skin. Instead, choose mild cleansers.
- Shave carefully.To protect and lubricate your skin, apply shaving cream, lotion or gel before shaving. For the closest shave, use a clean, sharp razor. Shave in the direction the hair grows, not against it.
- Pat dry.After washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture remains on your skin.
- Moisturize dry skin.If your skin is dry, use a moisturizer that fits your skin type. For daily use, consider a moisturizer that contains SPF.
Eat a healthy diet
A healthy diet can help you look and feel your best. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. The association between diet and acne isn’t clear — but some research suggests that a diet rich in vitamin C and low in unhealthy fats and processed or refined carbohydrates might promote younger looking skin.
Uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive and trigger acne breakouts and other skin problems. To encourage healthy skin — and a healthy state of mind — take steps to manage your stress. Set very reasonable limits, scale back your to-do list and make time to do the things you enjoy most. The results might be more dramatic than you expect if these are done effectively.
Manchester United are prepared to battle Barcelona to land £60 million Chelsea winger Willian, according to the reports. Jose Mourinho, who coached Willian at Chelsea, thinks the Brazil winger could provide the spark in attack lacking since the manager lostRead more…