You thought scratching will help so you keep scratching, but your itch doesn’t stop. In fact it increases the itch as well as increases the risk of infection. Continuous scratching can cause damage to skin leading to infections. Itching sensation is an indication that our body’s defense mechanism is doing its job to tackle and irritant on the skin. Mosquito bites to contact with cerMust Read: How to Get Rid of Pimples Fast Naturallytain chemicals as well certain skin conditions such as eczema can cause skin itch. Don’t scratch, instead try home remedies to stop the itch on your skin.
Must Read: How to Get Rid of Pimples Fast Naturally
Itchy and irritated skin is not only a discomfort but is also embarrassing. Sometimes you are reminded by the family members to not scratch. These reminders are also not fun. Working on the route cause of the itch and using remedies to tame it are the right strategies to deal with itching.
Using natural products to stop the itch goes a long way to maintain healthy skin. Some of these natural remedies will not only reduce the itch instantly but also heel the underlying cause of the skin irritation.
Start with some commonsense approach to avoid irritants that may possibly be causing the itch or increasing the itch
Also Read: Lifestyle changes to reduce Cholesterol
- Take Warm Shower – It will give great instant relief to skin itch. Pat dry your body after the shower and apply any natural moisturizing cream.
- Apply Cool Compress – Cover the affected skin area with bandage and apply cool compress. This will sooth the skin as well you will not be directly be able to scratch the skin.
- Avoid Scratching – Cut your nails and avoid scratching Dryness of the skin also induces you to scratch, so moisturize the skin but don;t scratch.
- Avoid perfumes , use mild detergents and shampoos – Chemicals in these products can actually increase the irritation and tendency to scratch will increase. Stop uses of these products completely is the best answer to stop itching in short period of time.
- Reduce Stress – Stress has very negative impact on the immune system. It does impact skin as it does impact general well-being.
- Wear Lose Cotton Cloths – Synthetic cloths can irritate the skin. Wear lose cotton cloths.
Natural Methods to Get Rid of Itchy Skin
Regular use of the following remedies will slowly but surely stop the itch as well as heal your skin fast.
Lemon is easily available in every home. Just apply on the affected area. Lemon is rich in vitamin C, and possess bleaching properties. The lemon juice has the capability to temporarily numb the sensitivity in affected area.
You can directly apply the lemon by cutting it in two pieces and applying one of the piece directly on the affected area by rubbing.
2. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is a powerful healer. Apply virgin coconut oil on the affected skin after properly cleaning and drying the area. Either in case of a dryness of the skin or my bug bites, coconut works works well in both cases of itchy skins.
Even if your entire body is itchy, coconut oil will heal it. Take a warm shower and dry yourself with a cotton towel.
Clay has great skin healing power. It can treat many number of skin conditions. Bentonite clay and Montmorillonite clay are the best options. These clay are particularly best for bug bites as not only they give cool soothing effect but also neutralize the venom from the sting of a bug.
Take bentonite clay in a bowel. Add some water and mix homogeneously to give it thick muddy texture. Apply it on the affected area as skin pack.let it dry for 30-45 minutes. Wash the clay with warm water and dry your skin with cotton towel. Apply coconut oil.
Also See: Fruits Related To Your Skin Beauty
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar relieves the itching because of its antiseptic, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial capabilities. Add a few drops of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) in a bowl of water and apply the solution by cotton balls on the affected area by dabbing it on the skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar is particularly very useful in dry skin and itchy scalp.
Peppermint is great for bug bites and itching, as it provides a cooling sensation that’ll give you welcome relief.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is mother of all skin remedies. It moisturizes the skin and act as a soothing agent. Rubbing Aloe Vera gel directly on the affected area of the skin will instantly reduce the itch. You can use the Aloe Vera Gel available in the stores or grow an Aloe Vera plant at home and use its leaves to extract fresh gel for skin application.