Quitting Gambling is one of the major problems many people have been exposed today. Many people who have gambled in one way or the other will agree with me that it is greed that makes a person want to double or triple his money without any work.
Gambling has existed for many years, from Baba Ijebu, pools, Betting shops and other forms of gambling including playing cards and placing bets on them and it is very difficult when quitting gambling to live a normal life.
The funniest part of a gamblers life is that even after being won, they still have that belief that one day they are going to win.
Note: Before you start saying that one day you will win, have you considered the losses you have incurred so far? That is what they fail to ask themselves and still fall back without quitting gambling.
Gamblers are all around and is common among youths and teenagers, because so many of them fail to think out of the box, they fail to realize the consequences that will befall them if they become addicted and fail to save their income while working.
Here are the steps to follow while quitting gambling :
- Save a large percentage of your income in a fixed deposit account where you cannot withdraw it easily
- Have a budget for the items you will need before your next cheque arrives.
- Disassociate yourself from friends that gamble if possible try and make them realize that it is a bad habit
- Don’t go to betting centres to hang out so you may not be tempted to gamble just in the process of trying your luck.
- Be satisfied with what you have, even if it is not enough, just pray you get a huge income as time goes by.
- Avoid going to places where gamblers meet especially bars and clubs.
READ ALSO How to save money as a young person without running into debts.